Many registered voters choose to sit out elections in non-presidential years. These voters are often cynical about the process and skeptical of candidates. Here are reasons why this campaign is different and why occasional voters may have found a candidate they can strongly support:
- I’m only taking small campaign contributions, and that’s a huge step in getting money out of politics.
- I’m largely self-funding and while spending up to $50,000 will hit me in the wallet, it’s only 5% of what the average congressional campaign costs.
- I want to elevate the conversation; to respond to issues with more than slogans and platitudes.
- I want to reach voters directly through the internet, and that costs virtually no money.
- I won’t harass voters with phone calls including robo-calls.
If my campaign succeeds, it can be the first major step towards reducing the reliance on money in federal elections. The citizens of the Second Congressional District of Missouri can be proud to be part of it.